Friday, February 3, 2012

PINTEREST PARTY!

The Pinterest party had arrived and it could not have been more fun!
  The day seemed to rush by and Jackson's nap time was not nearly enough time for me to get everything ready.  The past several days I had been working on all the decorations and a special gifts for all the girls so the house was a disaster.  I spent the morning cleaning and then rushed to get everything decorated.
I put a pretty swag on the front porch.

I made a chalkboard sign to hang on the door.
My favorite decoration had to be the kitchen chandelier with tissue paper pom poms.

The girls arrived and everybody was so excited! We hit up the food first and enjoyed all the new recipes.  It was a great turn out.

The crafting began and we all had great expectations....
We soon realized that there were some kinks to the party that we would definitely need to change before the next one.  For example, we had too many crafts to complete in one night. So maybe next time we would hold a vote for just one or two crafts that everyone would do together.  Or, each person can just bring a craft that they have been wanting to do.  Either way I think would work out better logistically.  However, even with all the hiccups, I don't think we could have laughed harder! We had such a great time.  

I made the aprons for each girl to wear, I think they went over well.  Towards the end of the night we were laughing at how the placement of a giant red P might not have been the best.  But then, it was pointed out that the apron with the giant red P could be a great warning flag for our husbands and a handy tote.
Needless to say, we had fun being silly, eating and crafting...getting the girls together is always a fun time and we are really looking forward to the next gathering.
(The crafts completed at the Pinterest Party can be found here on my Pinterest Party Board)

1 comment:

  1. This was such a fun night! Thank you for hosting! It turned out just fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete